Congratulations, the 2016 Amendment failed, rumor has it that it did not even gain a simple majority, so we were able to get the message out. But, our work is not done. Now is the time for the Members to set the agenda and provide direction to the Board of Directors. Our only way to do this is via a referendum constitutional amendment that clarifies the future of IEEE as a volunteer led organization, by a geographically and technically diverse set of experienced leaders, with transparent, open (non-censored) dialog on the future of IEEE Governance. Referendum amendment documents can be found at is.gd/IEEE2017 a Yahoo group where we can store documents, share (open and uncensored) perspectives on these issues.
you can also join by sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your help with this effort, and please lend a hand to Stand Up for the IEEE Members in 2017
======================the pre-election content follows=================
A number of IEEE leaders, High Level, Society and Section Boards have taken positions opposed to the proposed constitutional amendments, formal ballot opposition statements have been censored by IEEE, prohibiting ‘groups’, ‘titles’ and URL’s – so this site is one place you can get the uncensored information. The specific statements of the Societies, Sections, Boards, Past Presidents, etc. can be found using the “Opposition Statements” TAB above or selecting the specific type from the top menu.
Here is a summary list of opposition sources (click on menu items above for details)
- IEEE Technical Activities Board (all Society Presidents & Division Directors) approved motions recommending withdraw, and expressing concern about the process (June 2016)
- Society/Council Board: (statements being added below):
- Signal Processing Society (SPS); Computer (CS); Communications (ComSoc); Power Electronics Society (PELS), Sensors Council, Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society (UFFC-S), Circuits and Systems, Electron Devices, Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society
- Section Boards/officers:
- NH Section, The Washington DC Section AdCom
- Northern Virginia Section
- Tony Ivanov, PhD; 2016 Washington DC Section Chair
- Past IEEE Presidents/Directors and other volunteer leaders
- IEEE Presidents: Vig, Anderson, ;Past USA President, VP MGA: Marc Apter; Past Director, CS President emeritus: Jim Isaak;